20+17+3=CRAZY!

Saturday, April 21, 2007

Parker Did It!

Well, my baby's in the Army now!

On March 30th, Parker joined the Army! He enlisted for six years, as Infantry/Airborne/Ranger. Yeah, personally I think anybody who goes Ranger is crazy (unless they like eating lizards & bugs!) but this has been PJ's dream for a long time. Actually, when he was three I had an argument with him because he wanted me to take him to join the Army, so he could fly in "Hooah Helicopters" with his Dad.

He leaves on April 25th, to go up to Dallas, and he will ship out to Ft. Benning, GA on the 26th. Of course, as his Mom, I worry... but there are lots of positive things he can get out of the military too, and I think this is a great step forward for him! He is very happy and excited about his decision, and Jim & I are very proud to support him on this journey. Your positive thoughts and prayers are appreciated too! When he gets processed in and gets a mailing address, I will email it out so you can send him some mail... Always a highlight of the day for any soldier!

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Yay Parker!! Good for you for not giving up on something you really want! You know they will make you work your a$$ off... but it will be worth it! We'll stay in touch... Love your Aunt Liz

1:16 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home