20+17+3=CRAZY!

Friday, April 27, 2007

Parker heads out

Well, Parker has left home, and is now in Georgia where he will begin his Army career.

I know they aren't meant to live at home forever, and believe me, I don't really want them to, but it's hard when they leave the nest. I've been crying off and on all week, the weirdest little things would set me off... and I had to really bite my tongue to keep from giving him all of my great advice, trying to cram 20-plus years of parenting into the last few days, just in case I forgot anything important-- Like, "don't share towels, you can catch that flesh-eating fungus". And yes, I really did tell him to make sure to eat lots of healthy food and vegetables. I bought him little mini-toiletries to take on the plane, and made sure he had clean underwear. I gave him 20 bucks so he would have some cash on the trip... And then I dropped him off at the Army recruiter station, gave him a big hug, and there goes my baby. Of course I had to act all mature and cool about it, so I didn't embarrass us all, and I didn't want to make it harder for Parker either, I could tell he was already nervous, excited, the whole nine yards... So I think it went well. It's a little quieter around here, but still lots to keep me busy. And now I can concentrate on sending letters, care packages, and looking forward to when we go to Ft. Benning in August for his graduation.

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Oh Jesus!! :( And I know how little you cry!! Poor mama!! :( I'm still in the "cleaning up mountains -o- poo" stage and wiping yack off my shirts... I'll get there someday though... probably faster than I think...

10:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home