20+17+3=CRAZY!

Thursday, May 17, 2007

The Big 4-0!

Yesterday was my birthday, the big 4-0, forty years old. I had a good day, got spoiled, and we went out to dinner too. (Olive Garden, yummy!) Jillian must have "surprised" me about 100 times throughout the day, it was funny, she kept going "I'm going to surprise you for your birfday Mama!" (covers her face, then jumps up) "SURPRISE!" At which point I had to go "OHHH! I'M SO SURPRISED! YOU'RE THE BEST SURPRISER EVER!!!" And she'd laugh and laugh.

Jim asked me how it felt to be old... ha ha... Really, it feels like a fresh start, not a bunch of doom and gloom. I think I have been more introspective lately, kind of assessing where I'm at, where I want to be, and all of that fun stuff, but I have been very blessed in my life, and have very few regrets, and lots of things I'm looking forward to now and in the future! (Lord willing and the creek don't rise, as they say here in Texas!)

So we'll see what unfolds!

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

SURPRISE!!! Happy 4-0! I'm kinda jealous! :D

11:04 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home