20+17+3=CRAZY!

Tuesday, May 29, 2007

Basic's a Gas!

Here are some photos (taken May 22nd) of some of the NBC (Nuclear, Biological, Chemical) training that the recruits go through. They learn how to use their protective gear, and then they actually go into a gas chamber where they are exposed to CS gas (which I believe is tear gas?) It doesn't do any long-term harm, but by seeing the difference without their gas masks, they learn to trust their equipment, and each other too.

These pictures actually creep me out a little bit, they look spooky with their masks on. (The only one I know for sure is Parker is the last one, but that's what they all went through.)

***All pictures are copyrighted by Charlie 2/54 INF***





Going in...















Inside the gas chamber. (I'd be freaking out right about now!)









Coming out...














Poor Parker! I'd never have the guts to do that! (Heckuva way to clear the sinuses!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Liz said...

Nice snot rope there Peej! LOL I'm sure they all had a good laugh...
I went through all these pictures and didn't recognize him in this one, I guess I'm used to the earrings and funky hair!

12:46 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home