20+17+3=CRAZY!

Friday, May 25, 2007

Movie Review: Shrek the 3rd

My friend Jen & I took our girls to see Shrek 3 last Friday. I think the reviews are pretty accurate on this one, in that it is OK, but not the best thing you'll ever see in your life. I mean, part of the reason Shrek #1 was so funny was because it was an original-- new characters, animation style, the works. I have to say I liked #3 better than the second one, but it seems to be getting kind of old and repeating the same jokes. Of course, if they make a 4th one, I'll see it, because it's like the Star Wars movies, you know it's not going to be like the early ones, but you still want to see how it turns out! Although with any more Shreks, I think we'll wait for the DVD.

As far as my three year old, she had no great interest in watching this movie, and we spent a lot of time in the lobby walking around, but to be fair, she is not a big movie watcher. She just likes to go to the theater, because she knows we get popcorn, and it's something different for her. So this was about average for Jill. My friend's little girl, who is almost four, sat through the whole thing, and really enjoyed it. There are some silly parts that little kids would love, and there weren't really any parts that seemed too scary. All in all, a good family movie, something to do on a rainy afternoon!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home